. ~ digital collage above by filigree moon ~ .

May 13, 2012

~ Happy Mother's Day ~


Happy Mother's Day!

I have a smile on my face as I reflect on the sweet, sweet
memories of times shared with Mom, Dad and my siblings in days of old.
I am grateful for times shared with my own family
(thank you for the roses and wonderful home cooked meal today!)
as well as those shared with my father and siblings as we visit Mom
and reminisce and share good times.

My mother is one of a kind.
A superior cook.
A kind and compassionate woman.
A wonderful singer ~ such an angelic voice.
An excellent caretaker.
Housekeeper extraordinaire.
Loyal, loving, doting and devoted wife.
Best mom in every aspect.
A true friend.

Alzheimer's has taken its toll on Mom.
But her sweet, genteel spirit is still present.
I so miss being able to share a laugh
or tender moment with her as we used to on a daily basis.
Now, as we visit, those laughs are few and far between.
But when they do occur, they are so very special.

Have a beautiful week and share a smile or two!